PAMPA STREET – The street has been repaved; the utilities have been replaced, and the curb and gutter has been repaired. All that we lack is a little cleanup.
STREET IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM – Expect the following streets to be repaved in January: Calvert, Junell, Beth/Rasure/Rose and a portion of Gossett Lane. Also expect portions of Woodside Lane to be reconstructed totaling 400 linear feet.
CANTEX FORCE MAIN – This will be our next capital improvement project. It will replace 2,400 linear feet of aging sewer force main and 2,900 feet of gravity main. Currently the main passes through the middle of the hospital complex. This would be a nightmare if the main ever ruptures. The proposed route would go around the hospital complex rather than through it. One third of the city’s sewage passes through this line.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT – The work at the wastewater treatment plant is on schedule. The three primary clarifier basins have been constructed, and the effluent troughs are being constructed now. Other concrete structures adjacent to the clarifiers are under construction.
CROSSTOWN TRAIL – The Capital Construction Division began constructing the Crosstown Trail in November. This grant-funded project will connect Buford Park to Coleman Park as well as the high school/civic center complex with a concrete path. It will also replace the sidewalk on the north side of Connally Street.
CLAIMS – There were no liability claims and only one workers’ compensation claim in December. It was a minor claim.
REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES – There will not be a report of revenues and expenditures since the month just ended on Sunday. The report will resume next month.
Elsewhere around the city, employees:
- Made repairs on Kids Kingdom.
- Serviced all Parks and Recreation Equipment.
- Winterized all irrigation pumps.
- Boom-shredded around Coleman Lake.
- Retrofitted lights at fire station #1 with LED lights.
- Rebuilt pump motors on Oakridge lift station.
- Repaired runway lighting.
- Treated wastewater to a daily average total suspended solids reading of 5.21 mg/L, well within our limitation of 15 mg/L.
- Repaired 9 water main ruptures.
- Replaced 7 water meters.
- Unstopped 11 sewer mains.
- Made repairs to 12 sewer mains.
- Washed 73,000 feet of sewer mains.
- Flushed 35 dead end water mains.
- Operated the water treatment plant on emergency power for 3 hours due to a power outage.
- Replaced Chlorine lines at the water treatment plant.
- Treated 124 million gallons of potable water.
- Checked out 2,205 items from the library, and saw another 491 e-book check outs.
- Produced another successful Christmas extravaganza on Celebration Plaza.
- Conducted 17 building inspections, 6 electrical inspections, 14 plumbing inspections, 3 mechanical inspections and issued 13 building permits.
- Sold 1,703 gallons of Avgas, and 9,068 gallons of Jet-A fuel.
- Processed 376 tickets through Municipal Court.
- Made 10 extensive street repairs following utility repairs.
- Repaired 494 potholes.
- Graded Pipeline Road.
- Made 67 arrests, recorded 56 offenses, wrote 376 citations and responded to 32 accidents.
- Responded to 224 animal control calls and achieved an adoption rate of 54%
- Made two felony arrests in the special crimes unit.
- Responded to 171 fire/rescue calls including 6 structure fires.