Sulphur Springs and Hopkins County Texas will honor veterans Saturday, November 11, 2017, at 11:00am at Celebration Plaza in downtown Sulphur Springs. All veterans, their families and the community are invited to attend. The ceremony will include dedicating a new bench to honor those of have served to fight the global war on terrorism. The Honorable Robert Newson, Hopkins County Judge, will dedicate the bench and it will serve as an important addition to the Veterans Memorial at Celebration Plaza. In addition, names of deceased veterans will be read, the Hopkins County Military Coalition will perform a 21 Round Volley, Sulphur Springs High School Jazz Band will perform patriotic music and members and the SSHS choir will sing the National Anthem and Armed Forces Medley. Mr. Jim Dial will play Amazing Grace on bagpipe, and the United States Flag will be honored. The Honorable John Sellers, Sulphur Spring Mayor, will officially welcome everyone at the beginning of the ceremony.
- Wildcats Point Guard LaModrick Johnson Signs With Concordia University Wednesday
- Lady Cats Softball Team Begins Area Series With Crandall Thursday at Nevada Community
- Race Recap – 2020 Thailand Jet Ski World Cup
- PJC Students Wishing to Walk Must Sign-Up for Time Slots
- Graduation Preparation at PJC-Sulphur Springs
- Dallas Man Sentenced On 3 Charges Stemming From 2020 Vehicle Pursuit