Sulphur Springs and Hopkins County Texas will honor veterans Saturday, November 11, 2017, at 11:00am at Celebration Plaza in downtown Sulphur Springs. All veterans, their families and the community are invited to attend. The ceremony will include dedicating a new bench to honor those of have served to fight the global war on terrorism. The Honorable Robert Newson, Hopkins County Judge, will dedicate the bench and it will serve as an important addition to the Veterans Memorial at Celebration Plaza. In addition, names of deceased veterans will be read, the Hopkins County Military Coalition will perform a 21 Round Volley, Sulphur Springs High School Jazz Band will perform patriotic music and members and the SSHS choir will sing the National Anthem and Armed Forces Medley. Mr. Jim Dial will play Amazing Grace on bagpipe, and the United States Flag will be honored. The Honorable John Sellers, Sulphur Spring Mayor, will officially welcome everyone at the beginning of the ceremony.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of Aug. 2, 2021
- 2 Women, 2 Men Jailed On Felony Warrants
- Investigation Into Stolen Firearms Results Location Of Methamphetamine, Warrant Arrest
- Uplift Education Renews Partnership with A&M-Commerce
- Securities Commissioner Enters Disciplinary Order Fining Waxahachie Investment Company
- Canceled: No Jury Duty Monday Morning At Civic Center