Sulphur Springs and Hopkins County Texas will honor veterans Saturday, November 11, 2017, at 11:00am at Celebration Plaza in downtown Sulphur Springs. All veterans, their families and the community are invited to attend. The ceremony will include dedicating a new bench to honor those of have served to fight the global war on terrorism. The Honorable Robert Newson, Hopkins County Judge, will dedicate the bench and it will serve as an important addition to the Veterans Memorial at Celebration Plaza. In addition, names of deceased veterans will be read, the Hopkins County Military Coalition will perform a 21 Round Volley, Sulphur Springs High School Jazz Band will perform patriotic music and members and the SSHS choir will sing the National Anthem and Armed Forces Medley. Mr. Jim Dial will play Amazing Grace on bagpipe, and the United States Flag will be honored. The Honorable John Sellers, Sulphur Spring Mayor, will officially welcome everyone at the beginning of the ceremony.
- National Drug ‘Take Back’ Day Collection Will Be Saturday October 23 at 223 Rosemont St. Parking Lot
- District & Campus Improvement Plans, Policy Update, Personnel Recommendations Considered During Sulphur Springs SSISD Board Meeting
- Lady Cats Volleyball Drops Four Game Set in Edgewood
- John Michael Johnson
- Wildcats Basketball 2021-22 Season Firmed Up
- Wildcats Middle School Football A and B Teams Stay Undefeated With Two Games Left