Incumbent State Representative Dan Flynn announced Tuesday night that he will be seeking re-election. Representative Flynn, from Van is currently serving in his sixth term as state representative. He represents several counties including Hopkins County. In a statement, Representative Flynn said he has represented the conservative values of his district consistently and to the best of his ability adding it would be an honor to serve House District 2 for another term. Flynn said his district is looking for solutions, not soundbites: results, not rhetoric. He said he has gotten results. As chair of the House Pensions Committee in the last legislative session, Flynn said he passed legislation to stabilize teacher retirement health care, the Employee Retirement System and pensions systems for both the cities of Dallas and Houston. Flynn said he also authored legislation to require the use of American law on American soil.
- Flash Flood Watch Continues Until Noon Sunday
- State Candidate Forum Focuses on Public Education
- Sunday Forecast
- Dinner Bell Menu For September 26, 2018
- Calvin Ray White
- Houston Named 2018 PJC Distinguished Alumnus
- James Hunter
- Lady Cats Drop District Opener in Royse City
- Sulphur Springs City Council Special Meeting Set for September 25, 2018
- Hopkins County Commissioners Court Agenda for September 24, 2018
Ye Olde KSST Poll
How do you feel about the 2018 Stew Shirt Design? Click all that apply.
- Nope, don't like it at all. (30%)
- meh... It's ok (17%)
- It's good, I like it. (15%)
- Bring back the Stew Pot!!! (14%)
- Excellent! One of the best! (10%)
- Last years was better. (8%)
- I would have changed a few things..... (3%)
- I like it so much, I'm getting a tattoo of it. (2%)
Thanks for voting!