Incumbent State Representative Dan Flynn announced Tuesday night that he will be seeking re-election. Representative Flynn, from Van is currently serving in his sixth term as state representative. He represents several counties including Hopkins County. In a statement, Representative Flynn said he has represented the conservative values of his district consistently and to the best of his ability adding it would be an honor to serve House District 2 for another term. Flynn said his district is looking for solutions, not soundbites: results, not rhetoric. He said he has gotten results. As chair of the House Pensions Committee in the last legislative session, Flynn said he passed legislation to stabilize teacher retirement health care, the Employee Retirement System and pensions systems for both the cities of Dallas and Houston. Flynn said he also authored legislation to require the use of American law on American soil.
- Commerce Tigers Baseball Team Falls to Edgewood, 6-2
- Meal A Day Menu For April 19-23, 2021
- Justin Ray Tully
- SSHS Interior Design Team Win State, Qualify For National FCCLA Contest
- The Lady Cats Softball Team Wins an Unusual Game at Marshall Friday Evening
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of April 19, 2021