Mollie Marie Shepard, Majel Reddick and Faye Robinson, contestants in the 8th annual Ms. Hopkins County Senior Classic Pageant, visited with KSST’s Enola Gay. Mollie and Faye are previous runners-up, and Majel is entering the pageant for the first time. Each one will present talent and will also be judged in evening gown and interview categories. Majel, who is a reader and a writer, will present a reading, and both Mollie and Faye, who love to sing, will present inspirational music. Each of the ladies feel that women past the age of 60 have a lot to offer their families, their communities and the world at large. The contestants will be honored with a Tea on Friday afternoon June 9, sponsored by Hopkins House. A joy for living and a positive philosophy on life is a common mark among the 10 contestants whom you will meet if you attend the pageant on Saturday June 10 at 6pm in the League Street Church of Christ Family Life Center. You will also meet current and past Ms. Hopkins County Senior winners. Admission is free and the public is encouraged to attend.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Meal A Day Menu: July 22-26, 2019
- Channel 18 Heart Opening Flow for Jemma Clark Pirtle
- SSISD Budget Shaping Up, But Still A Work In Progress
- FDA Calling For Voluntary Recall Of Some Fresh, Whole Papayas Due to Salmonella
- Celebrating At The Senior Citizens Center
- Hopkins County Records For July 19, 2020
- Commissioners Adopt Fund Balance Policy To Meet Standards, Protect County
- Paris District Weekly Road Report for July 22
- Ima Mae Northcutt
- Tradin’ Post for Friday, July 19th, 2019