SPRING CLEANUP – The spring cleanup has concluded. We sent 54 40-yard roll off containers to the landfill and accumulated a large pile of green waste which will be burned this summer.
LOCUST STREET – The utility work (water, sewer, gas) is complete. Cement stabilization and concrete work continues to progress from north to south. Cement stabilization is 60% complete, and concrete work is approximately 25% complete.
MOORE STREET – Utility work continues on Moore Street. The Capital Construction Division is currently installing sewer lines while Atmos is replacing the gas main. We have installed 1,200 feet of sewer main, or about half the total distance.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT – Work continues at the wastewater treatment plant. The contractor is laying the foundation for three large clarifiers and the aeration blowers.
CLAIMS – We did not receive any liability claims or workers compensation claims in April.
WASTEWATER TREATMENT PLANT – Total suspended solids (TSS) came in at 2.49 mg/L, well within the limit of 10 mg/L.
REVENUES AND EXPENDITURES – Budget Analyst, Lesa Smith will present a year-to-date summary of revenues and expenditures
Elsewhere around the city, employees:
- Made 12 extensive street repairs following utility repairs.
- Replaced or reset 8 traffic signs.
- Repaired 78 potholes.
- Installed a concrete pad for a kennel at the animal shelter.
- Cleared 6 fallen trees from the road.
- Sold 1,736 gallons of AvGas and 8,020 gallons of JetA fuel.
- Checked out 2,537 items from the library, plus an additional 441 eBooks.
- Responded to 133 fire/rescue calls including 2 structure fires.
- Performed preventative maintenance on 87 fire hydrants.
- Fertilized athletic fields.
- Removed several dead trees from parks.
- Made repairs at Kids Kingdom.
- Responded to 23 accidents, recorded 65 offenses, made 67 arrests and wrote 528 traffic citations.
- Repaired Mockingbird school zone lights.
- Repaired 7 water mains and replaced 10 water meters.
- Unstopped 25 sewer mains.
- Repaired 15 sewer mains.
- Washed 85,000 feet of sewer mains.
- Flushed 35 dead end water mains.
- Reset and restarted water treatment plant after recent storm.
- Treated 121 million gallons of potable water.
- Conducted 27 building inspections, 15 electrical inspections, 11 plumbing inspections, 7 mechanical inspections and issued 19 building permits.