Excitement is high for every member of the Northeast Texas Choral Society as they prepare for their 20th Spring Concert this weekend in the SSHS Auditorium at the Civic Center. Director Carol Allen says this is a joy-filled, “feel-good” concert which marks her 20th year as founder of the community chorale. Carol Ann O’Dell, a 3-year board member, is also an alto singer. You are invited to bring the family and enjoy the “touchstone” pop and rock n roll hits from the 60’s and 70’s by talented singers and soloists you know. There will also be special surprises onstage for the audience at each performance, arranged by member Dawn Doyle-Jones. All ages are welcome. Tickets to “Touchstone” are available at local banks, from any Choral Society member, at the door and online at netchoral.org. Performances are at 7 pm Saturday May 6 and at 2 pm on Sunday May 7. Plans are already in the works for an over-the-top celebration of music at the Society’s Christmas concert in December 2017.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events