Spring football gets underway for the Wildcats after school Monday. It will end on May 19 with the Spring Game. There will be 14 practices before the Spring Game. Monday morning Wildcats Defensive Coordinator Triston Abron said his goal for spring practices is to install the entire defensive scheme so that all that will be left for the fall will be review. Coach Abron agreed spring ball is very helpful for defensive linemen and linebackers, who benefit little from 7 on 7 Football. He said they get to tackle and be physical. Very little tackling occurs in the fall for fear of injuries. Coach Abron said having spring practice last year was very good for the defense, which had one of its best years in several years last year. He credited spring ball for the solid year. Coach Abron wants to continue the progress. His goal this year is to have the best defense in our district. He will have quite a few players coming back that played a lot last year. Coach Abron said there will be very little if any tweaks to the Wildcats 3-4 defensive scheme they played last year.
- Lady Cats Volleyball Bests Marshall Lady Mavs in Four
- 3 Additional COVID Fatalities Confirmed For Hopkins County This Week
- H C Historical Society ‘Style Show’ and Brunch Was a Fun Fundraiser for Heritage Park
- SSHS 2021 Homecoming Pre-Game Recognition
- Wildcats Football Team Loses Track Meet With Crandall Lions on Homecoming
- Watch the Wildcats Live on Homecoming Night!