Fire destroyed a home in rural Hopkins County Thursday morning. A family was able to get out of the burning structure without injury but according to County Fire Chief Andy Endsley, all they now have are the clothes on their backs. The Red Cross is assisting. The Blue Santa program is hoping to provide toys for the four or five children that lived there. The County Fire Department received the fire call at 6:20 a.m. Thursday. When they arrived, the home on Private Road 7581 in the Flora community, was fully engulfed in flames. Firefighting units from Pickton Pine Forest, Dike, Saltillo, Sulphur Bluff, North Hopkins and Hopkins County responded. Indications are the cause of the fire was accidental but County Fire Marshal Mike Mathews is still investigating according to Chief Endsley.
- Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs News
- Lady Cats Head Basketball Coach Brittney Tisdell Heading Home to North Lamar
- Tira News – June 25, 2021: Tira Residents Enjoy Spending Father’s Day Together
- Journey Road Ministries Plans Golf Tourney
- East Caney Cemetery Committee Meeting Tonight
- Regular Commissioners Court Meeting, Work Session Scheduled Friday