Fire destroyed a home in rural Hopkins County Thursday morning. A family was able to get out of the burning structure without injury but according to County Fire Chief Andy Endsley, all they now have are the clothes on their backs. The Red Cross is assisting. The Blue Santa program is hoping to provide toys for the four or five children that lived there. The County Fire Department received the fire call at 6:20 a.m. Thursday. When they arrived, the home on Private Road 7581 in the Flora community, was fully engulfed in flames. Firefighting units from Pickton Pine Forest, Dike, Saltillo, Sulphur Bluff, North Hopkins and Hopkins County responded. Indications are the cause of the fire was accidental but County Fire Marshal Mike Mathews is still investigating according to Chief Endsley.
- 2021 New Landowner Program Series: Pond Management
- Final Public Hearings For Budget, Tax Rate, Master Fee Schedule To Be Held At 7:30 p.m. City Council Meeting
- Student Activity at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Center
- Judy Mills
- Lady Cats Volleyball in Longview For Fourth District Match On Gameday Tuesday
- Dinner Bell Menu For September 22, 2021