Sulphur Springs High School held an induction ceremony Tuesday night for the Gladys Alexander Chapter of National Honor Society. National Honor Society is built upon four pillars: scholarship, leadership, character, and service. Once students reach a weighted GPA of 3.2 or higher, they then fill out an application that lists their community involvement, volunteer projects, and any extracurricular activities they are involved in. These applications are then reviewed and students are invited to be a part of the National Honor Society. Two year members and inductees were recognized during the ceremony by NHS President Story Thompson. The four pillar candles were lit by Rodolfo Perez, Mandy Eckhart, Summer Brooks, and Story Thompson. Afterward, a reception was held for members and their families.
Countdown to Eclipse 2024
Information on the Eclipse
- Local Teachers Have Wish Lists For Their Classroom and Students
- TODAY! – Holiday Express Train and Much Much More!
- Hopkins County Records – November 2023
- Winter Cattle Feeding Can Be Challenging by Mario Villarino
- Paris Junior College Offers Hands on Training Giving the Students the Experience They Need
- Lions Club Recognizes 2023 Parade Winners