REGULAR BOARD MEETING SULPHUR SPRINGS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT BOARD ROOM, ADMINISTRATION BUILDING MONDAY, AUGUST 8, 2016
- CALL TO ORDER: Invocation
- FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS
- Announcement by the President whether a quorum is present, that the meeting had been duly called and that the notice of the meeting had been posted in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
- Approval of the minutes of the regular meeting of the Board of Trustees conducted on Monday, July 11, 2016, beginning at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Room of the Administration Building, the minutes of the special meeting of the Board of Trustees conducted on Friday, July
III. PUBLIC FORUM:
Public participation is limited to the designated open forum portion of a meeting per policy BED(LOCAL).
- ADMINISTRATIVE REPORTS/INFORMATION ITEMS
- Information re: Food Service Purchasing 2016-2017. (Exhibit IV-A) 12
- Report on Meet the Teacher activities.(Exhibit IV-B) [Kristin Monk] 14
- Present Elementary Student Handbook and Secondary Student Handbooks for review. (Exhibit under separate cover) [Kristin Monk & Josh Williams]
- Present SSISD Employee Handbook. (Exhibit under separate cover) [Josh Williams}
- Report on HR Department. [Rusty Harden]
- CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS:
These items are considered to be routine by the board and will be enacted under one motion, unless a member of the board requests that an item be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
- Consider approval of Tax Credits and Supplements for July 2016. (Exhibit VA)
- Consider approval of Delinquent Tax Collections for July 2016. (Exhibit V-B) 19
- Consider approval of Financial Statements and Bills Payable for July 2016. (Exhibit V-C)
- ACTION ITEMS
- Discuss and consider approval of Student Code of Conduct. (Exhibit under separate cover) [Josh Williams]
- Discuss and consider approval of teacher appraisers and appraisal calendar for the 2016-2017 school year. (Exhibit VI-B) [Josh Williams]
- Discuss and consider approval of bid for general classroom materials/office supplies from September 1, 2016 through August 31, 2017. (Exhibit VI-C) [Sherry McGraw]
- Discuss and consider adoption of the General Fund, Debt Service and Food Service budgets for the Sulphur Springs Independent School District for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2017, and review all other budget areas. [Sherry McGraw]
- Discuss and consider adoption of Ordinance 2-16 levying an annual ad valorem tax for the year 2016 for the Sulphur Springs Independent School District. (Exhibit VI-E) [Sandra Gibby]
VII. EXECUTIVE SESSION:
Executive Session will be held for the purpose of consideration of matters for which closed or executive sessions are authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, Section (.071), (.072), (.074).
- Discuss and consider personnel to be employed, personnel to be reassigned, acknowledge and accept resignations of personnel, other personnel matters.
- Discuss purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property.
VIII. RECONVENE FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION FOR ACTION RELATIVE TO ITEMS COVERED DURING EXECUTIVE SESSION.