Plan to be in Sulphur Springs, Texas on Saturday, July 2, 2016 for the Independence Concert by the Northeast Texas Symphony Orchestra. The music will begin at 8pm, and the concert is free and open to the public. Bring your family and friends to Celebration Plaza and stake out your own seating area (bring lawn chairs!). Downtown restaurants and diners will be open for dinner, eats and drinks. At dark, the concert will conclude as the fireworks begin to burst high above the Hopkins County Courthouse. Even if you are not “from” Sulphur Springs originally, you’ll feel right at home in the Norman Rockwell-like setting in the center of the business district. Sulphur Springs hometown radio, KSST 1230AM, will host giveaways of American Flag kits from a booth during the event. Additionally, the concert can be heard streaming on ksstradio.com.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding