July 2nd is the day the 2016 Watermelon Eating Contest sponsored by Alliance Bank. The contest will start at 6:30 p.m. on Celebration Plaza prior to the Independence Day Concert.
The Rules and Regulations Below:
- All hands must remain behind the back during the contest.
- Each competitor will be assigned a quarter of watermelon and will have one minute to consume it down to the rind. The winner will be the first person to finish their quarter of watermelon. If no one finishes the watermelon, the judges will decide who ate the most and will announce the winner.
- If any seed spitting is deemed necessary by the competitor, it must take place in the designated “seed-spitting-area” which will be a plate next to your watermelon. Competitors many not spit the seeds at other competitors or their watermelon.
- Any regurgitation or spitting out of any kind will be cause for disqualification.
- In the event of a tie, there will be a sudden death watermelon eating challenge.
- There will be three groups of competitors Under 12, Men, and Women.
- All competitors will be selected at random by answering Independence Day Trivia on the day of the competition.
- All competitors must fill out on entry form/ liability waiver. All children competing in the under 12 division must have their parent or guardian signature as well.
- Prizes will be awarded to the winners.
The entry form can be found on KSSTRadio.com