Do you make delicious homemade ice cream? Has anyone told you that it’s the best? Then, now is the time to enter your best in the 15th annual Texas State Champion Homemade Ice Cream Freeze-off! It’s free to enter…just turn in your entry form to the Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce, then take your ice cream to the Civic Center grounds on June 11 at 4pm, right after the Dairy festival Milking Contest. There are numerous flavor categories and four age divisions. A brand-new division for “first-timers” has been created this year for anyone age 13 and up who has never competed in the Freeze-off before. During the judging process, the public is invited to come in and consume all the ice cream entries! Cost is $3 person for all you can eat! There will be gifts and cash prizes for the winning entries. Get full details by phoning the Chamber at 903-885-6515, go to 300 Connally Street downtown Sulphur Springs or visit sulphursprings-tx.com.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- TxDOT to Help Parents as Agency Reports Most Car Seats Are Used Incorrectly
- Volleyball and Cross Country Are on Tap on This Game Day Friday
- Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens Said He Saw Good and Bad During Thursday Scrimmage
- HCSO: Wilmer Man Caught In Hopkins County With Gun Stolen From Denton
- Man Accused Of Drunk Driving During Crash On Hillcrest Drive Overpass
- Woman Accused Of Having Methamphetamine In Her Undergarments