An 8-person Robotics team from Cumby High School has zoomed to the top as National winners in Robotics competition! According to Coach/Sponsor Lee Gifford, the team competed in Council Bluffs, Iowa during April 7-9 and scored highest in the nation. Their assigned project was to build a robot that could participate in a game with other robots. The game, “Nothing But Net”, requires the robots to earn points by shooting balls into nets in a gymnasium setting. Additionally, the team garnered 2nd Overall in Engineering Notebooks, bringing home a total of two trophies and two banners. Cumby Robotics team members are Landon Mabe, Preston Salinas, Brent Brewer, Jacob Simonek, Hannah Jarvis, Presley Clampitt, Jesslin Bond and Lacy Jacobs.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- 2 Women, 2 Men Jailed On Felony Warrants
- Investigation Into Stolen Firearms Results Location Of Methamphetamine, Warrant Arrest
- Uplift Education Renews Partnership with A&M-Commerce
- Securities Commissioner Enters Disciplinary Order Fining Waxahachie Investment Company
- Canceled: No Jury Duty Monday Morning At Civic Center
- End of July Also Marks End of Off-Season Activities for Sulphur Springs Sports Teams