The Wildcats Baseball Team ended up winning two and losing two in a Lindale tournament Thursday through Saturday. On Saturday, the Wildcats lost to Atlanta, 7-3. The Rabbits scored three runs in the first and four more in the second on seven hits. The Wildcats chipped away with single runs in the second, fifth and seventh innings but it wasn’t nearly enough. Ryder Caddell drove home the Wildcats first run on a sacrifice fly. Tyler Follis, who had singled, scored. Follis drove home the second run using a squeeze bunt to score Triston McCormack, who had doubled. Easton Silman plated the Wildcats third run in the seventh with a fielder’s choice grounder that scored Michael Arnold, who had walked. Garrett Jones pitched the first two innings and took the loss. Tyler Follis and Mason Buck pitched the last five innings allowing no more runs. The Wildcats are now 3-5-1 for the season. They will play in a Texas High Tournament this coming Thursday through Saturday. They begin district play March 15 at Texas High.
- Hopkins County Sept. 18 COVID-19 Update: 5 New Cases, 4 Recoveries, 73 Active Cases
- TxDOT to Help Parents as Agency Reports Most Car Seats Are Used Incorrectly
- Volleyball and Cross Country Are on Tap on This Game Day Friday
- Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens Said He Saw Good and Bad During Thursday Scrimmage
- HCSO: Wilmer Man Caught In Hopkins County With Gun Stolen From Denton
- Man Accused Of Drunk Driving During Crash On Hillcrest Drive Overpass