Hand gun license laws change January 1st. Weapons may be concealed or carried openly with certain restrictions under the new license. Those weapons carried openly must be in a belt holster or shoulder holster. The law has a variety of requirements. Sulphur Springs Patrol Captain Jason Ricketson advises those seeking more information on the law to use legitimate sources such as the official Department of Public Safety site. He stated there will be a learning curve for everyone regarding the law. Specific signage prohibiting concealed and open carry is also covered on the DPS website.
- Oct. 4-10 Designated As National 4-H Week
- Bart Belcher
- Saltillo Man Accused Of Choking Ex-Wife During Argument
- SSHS FFA Students Show Livestock at Texas State Fair; Do Meat/Fruit Fundraising
- Orsburn Sentenced to 60 Years On Delivery Charge
- Pre-Order Hopkins County Stew From Your Favorite Cook Starting Oct. 1