Everyone is welcome to attend the Saddle Up for St. Jude Trail Ride on the morning ofNovember 14 at Como, Texas. Breakfast and coffee will await those who get there early when the gates open at 7am and the wagons and horses begin to arrive. Minimum donation at the gate is $10. The ride will step off at 10am with J.R. Gregg as Wagonmaster. Anyone who wants to ride along in a wagon is welcome to do so. Pulled pork with sides, freshly made chili and homemade desserts will be featured menu items at lunch when the riders return about noon. The auction will follow with Wade Bartley as auctioneer of an extensive number of items donated by local businesses and individuals. All money raised goes to St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital. So far, in the past 5 years, $78,000 has been donated from the event. It’s is the sincere wish of organizers Jim and Jean Murray that donations this year will help them top $100,000 total from the people of Hopkins County. For information, phone 903-488-3030.
- March 8-12 Meal A Day Menu
- Wildcats Baseball Team Goes 1-3 in Wylie East Tournament After Saturday Loss to Plano West
- Lady Cats Soccer Team Completes Three Win Week With 9-0 Win Over Marshall Saturday
- Wildcats Soccer Team Earns Big District Win on the Road 6-0 at Marshall Saturday
- Lady Cats Softball Wraps Up Successful Canton Tournament With Win over Canton on Saturday
- Airplanes & Coffee At Sulphur Springs Municipal Airport