Sulphur Springs High School Head Football Coach and Athletic Director Greg Owens announced Thursday that due to a transcript discrepancy, the Wildcats’ football team played an ineligible player on September 4 at Sherman. He added the UIL had been notified and said the Wildcats will forfeit the Sherman game that the Wildcats won 20-17. The Wildcats season record will go to 0-3. Coach Owens said he took full responsibility for the oversight.
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021
- I-30 Traffic Stop Results In Discovery Of Pipe And Methamphetamine, Arrest
- Wildcats Football Team in Ennis Today For Friday Gameday, Plus First Ever Wildcats Cross Country Invitational Tomorrow
- Author, Civil Engineer Describes What, In His Observations, It Takes To Make “Strong Towns”