Wednesday morning, Justice of the Peace B. J. Teer set bond at $75,000 for 33-year old Miranda Marie Bazaldua of Sulphur Springs. Bazaldua was arrested Sunday night just after 10:30 p.m. after she reportedly threatened her mother with a knife. Hopkins County Sheriff’s Sgt. Wade Sheets and Deputy Shea Shaw were sent to investigate a case of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. When they arrived, a woman said her boyfriend had assaulted her. He denied it and others present agreed with him. The woman finally admitted she had argued with her mother, had threatened her with a knife and had stabbed the knife into a wall several times.
- SW Dairy Museum Announces Carolyn McKinney Retirement; Reception June 18, 11am-1pm
- 10 Arrested On Felony Controlled Substance-Related Warrants
- Thompson Crowned 2021 Ms Hopkins County Senior
- Thomas “T.D.” Potter
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 14, 2021
- Criminal Trespassing Complaint At Walmart Results In Controlled Substance, Warrant Arrest