Thursday morning Hopkins County Sheriff Butch Adams gave KSST and Channel 18 TV a tour of the new county jail under construction. Sheriff Adams says he expects construction to be finished by mid to late October. He says construction crews are making up for rain days. The sheriff says cracks found in ornamental stones at the bottom of the building are not foundation related and are fixable. Jail capacity will be 192 including a big increase in female cells. There is lots of storage area and room for expansion. It features the latest in technology. Sheriff Adams says he won’t miss the old jail that will torn down.
Wildcat Football On KSST
- Saturday Is More Than Just Steak
- TDI Notice For Consumers With FedNat Insurance Policies
- Trading Post for September 28, 2022
- Meet & Greet Rally Hosted For Mike Collier, Democratic Candidate For Lt. Governor
- Memorial for Dwayne Grimes
- Tickets For 53rd Annual Hopkins County Stew Festival Now On Sale For $8 Each Or 4 For $28