Thursday morning Hopkins County Sheriff Butch Adams gave KSST and Channel 18 TV a tour of the new county jail under construction. Sheriff Adams says he expects construction to be finished by mid to late October. He says construction crews are making up for rain days. The sheriff says cracks found in ornamental stones at the bottom of the building are not foundation related and are fixable. Jail capacity will be 192 including a big increase in female cells. There is lots of storage area and room for expansion. It features the latest in technology. Sheriff Adams says he won’t miss the old jail that will torn down.
- Winnsboro Police Department Media Report – Feb. 22-28, 2021
- Nell Payne
- County Commissioners Consider Request For A Property Tax Payment Refund
- Hopkins County Received 153 Pallets Of Water, 2 Trailers Full Of Supplies Donated Following Winter Storms
- Wildcats Golf Team Places Sixth at Two-Day Tourney at Squaw Valley Links Course in Glen Rose
- Dinner Bell Menu For March 3, 2021