Thursday morning Hopkins County Sheriff Butch Adams gave KSST and Channel 18 TV a tour of the new county jail under construction. Sheriff Adams says he expects construction to be finished by mid to late October. He says construction crews are making up for rain days. The sheriff says cracks found in ornamental stones at the bottom of the building are not foundation related and are fixable. Jail capacity will be 192 including a big increase in female cells. There is lots of storage area and room for expansion. It features the latest in technology. Sheriff Adams says he won’t miss the old jail that will torn down.
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding