Thursday morning Hopkins County Sheriff Butch Adams gave KSST and Channel 18 TV a tour of the new county jail under construction. Sheriff Adams says he expects construction to be finished by mid to late October. He says construction crews are making up for rain days. The sheriff says cracks found in ornamental stones at the bottom of the building are not foundation related and are fixable. Jail capacity will be 192 including a big increase in female cells. There is lots of storage area and room for expansion. It features the latest in technology. Sheriff Adams says he won’t miss the old jail that will torn down.
- Trading Post for September 16, 2021
- Lady Cats Golf Fall Schedule Finalized
- Goodson Sentenced To 25 Years For Failure to Appear, 10 Years On Felony DWI Conviction
- From the White House to Texas A&M University-Commerce: Alumnus Makes “Historic” Gift
- 2021 Earl W. Martin 42 Tournament Registration Forms Mailed for the October 16 Tourney
- 2 Sulphur Springs Men Sentenced On One Sexual Assault Charge Each