The Hopkins County Memorial Hospital Board approved its organizational chart, operating budget, personnel and capital budget during a regular board meeting Monday night. The vote was unanimous. The budget proposes to keep the tax rate the same at 25-cents per $100 of valuation. Hospital CFO Donna Wallace said the budget begins with 62 days of cash on hand. Combined clinic and hospital revenue is $157-million. The budget actually includes about $81,000 more revenue than expenses. Even though the tax rate is expected to remain the same, the hospital board will have to have two public hearings because their overall tax revenue increased $1.8% due to increased net taxable value of property. The board will have public hearings on Tuesday, September 15 at noon and Tuesday, September 22 at noon. They will finalize the tax rate at a September 28 meeting. The new budget goes into effect October 1.
- Oct. 27 COVID-19 Update: 18 New Cases, 199 Active Cases
- Wildcats Team Tennis Season Ends With Bi-District Loss At End Of A Very Long Day
- Lady Cats Win Seventh Straight, Dominating District Foe 3-0
- Lady Cats Cross Country Wins First Ever District Championship and Wildcats Are 4th at Mount Pleasant Monday
- Now is a Perfect Time to Add a New Tree or a Grouping of Shrubs to the Landscape by Mario Villarino
- Tree Webs Not Just for Halloween From Hopkins County Master Gardeners October 26, 2020