Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom announced in County Commissioner Court Monday morning that the proposed tax rate for the budget for next fiscal year will be going up a little. Judge Newsom said two public hearings will be held prior to the final approval given the rate. The purposed rate is affected by the new jail being built. Tax payers approved a 7-cent rate increase however it will not be that high. The new rate will be a 62.392 rate. Newsom said the rate increase is not a choice. He is pleased that the rate will not be as high as that approved by voters.
- 10 Arrested On Felony Controlled Substance-Related Warrants
- Thompson Crowned 2021 Ms Hopkins County Senior
- Thomas “T.D.” Potter
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 14, 2021
- Criminal Trespassing Complaint At Walmart Results In Controlled Substance, Warrant Arrest
- Aiguier Cemetery Association Officers, Perpetual Care Board Elected