There’s good news for dove hunters who are looking forward to that opening day of dove season September first. A rainy spring has sprouted lots more sunflowers and seeds across the Texas landscape bringing 30-million mourning doves into the state. Biologists say dove numbers have increased over last year as much as 20 percent which is good news for both veteran hunters and those who are new to the sport. Texas Parks and Wildlife has this report.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events