There’s good news for dove hunters who are looking forward to that opening day of dove season September first. A rainy spring has sprouted lots more sunflowers and seeds across the Texas landscape bringing 30-million mourning doves into the state. Biologists say dove numbers have increased over last year as much as 20 percent which is good news for both veteran hunters and those who are new to the sport. Texas Parks and Wildlife has this report.
- Mockingbird Lane Traffic Stop Yields Methamphetamine, Arrest
- Criminal Trespass Complaint Leads To Two Controlled Substance Arrests
- Chamber Connection: Save The Date For The April 9 Chamber Golf Tournament
- HCGS Library to Remain Closed Until March 1, 2021
- Wildcats Basketball Team Gets District Victory At Home Over Hallsville, 60-46, Tuesday Night
- Lady Cats Basketball Team Wins Defensive Struggle At Hallsville, 33-29, Tuesday Night