His girlfriend only told the dispatcher what he told her to tell, that was the final response before arrest of a man in a home on Petty Road just after 11 p.m. Thursday. Three Hopkins County Sheriff’s deputies and a DPS Trooper responded to a report of an armed man trying to break into the Petty Road home Thursday night. When lawmen arrived (three Sheriff’s deputies and a DPS trooper), stories they were hearing sounded fishy. Finally a man admitted the alleged robbery was narcotics related. The 21-year old Sulphur Springs man was charged with making a false report and with possession of drug paraphernalia. Both charges are misdemeanors.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events