His girlfriend only told the dispatcher what he told her to tell, that was the final response before arrest of a man in a home on Petty Road just after 11 p.m. Thursday. Three Hopkins County Sheriff’s deputies and a DPS Trooper responded to a report of an armed man trying to break into the Petty Road home Thursday night. When lawmen arrived (three Sheriff’s deputies and a DPS trooper), stories they were hearing sounded fishy. Finally a man admitted the alleged robbery was narcotics related. The 21-year old Sulphur Springs man was charged with making a false report and with possession of drug paraphernalia. Both charges are misdemeanors.
- Chamber Connection: Save The Date For The April 9 Chamber Golf Tournament
- HCGS Library to Remain Closed Until March 1, 2021
- Wildcats Basketball Team Gets District Victory At Home Over Hallsville, 60-46, Tuesday Night
- Lady Cats Basketball Team Wins Defensive Struggle At Hallsville, 33-29, Tuesday Night
- Jan. 26 COVID-19 Update: 3 Fatalities, 37 New Cases, 20 Recoveries
- Wildcats Soccer Team Preps For Start Of District Play With A Non-District Win Over Pleasant Grove Tuesday Night