Partially funded by Workforce Solutions of Northeast Texas, the workshop includes a certificate for eight hours of continuing education as well as lunch and a gift. The cost is $20 and registration will be conducted at the PJC-Sulphur Springs Center located at 1202 W. Houston Street.
Presented by Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, in partnership with the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, Child Care Licensing, the workshop will cover the following topics:
– An Introduction to Inclusive Child Care: All Children Belong in a Natural Environment
– Supporting Peer/Social Interaction in your Child Care Daily Routine
– Activity-based Support for Children with Different Developmental and Functional Needs
– Toileting Strategies for Children in the Inclusive Child Care Setting
– Strategies for Caring for Children with Challenging Behaviors
– Strategies for Caring for Children with Sensory Integration Issues
– Strategies for Partnering with Parents of Children with Special Needs and Gaining Support from Other Parents with Children in Child Care
– Emergency Preparedness for Children with Special Needs
Additional topics will include:
– Crafts for the Holidays
– Van Driver Safety Training
– SIDS/Shaken Baby
All registrations must be received and processed by 5 p.m. on Monday, July 27. No refunds will be given after 11 a.m. on Tuesday, July 28. Alternates may attend, but no new registrations will be accepted on the day of the workshop.
For more information about the workshop or to register call 903-885-1232 in Sulphur Springs, 903-782-0447 in Paris, 903-454-9333 in Greenville or 800-232-5804.