Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom says a 2013 audit of North East Texas Opportunities or NETO reveals more than $700,000 in fraud. NETO currently has a senior citizen meals program for rural county residents and a utility service. Judge Newsom says the county and others are disassociating themselves from NETO. State and federal investigations of NETO are underway. Judge Newsom has been assured that county residents receiving meals will be taken care of by a state agency.
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled
- SSISD Eligible To Apply For $11.5 Million In Federal ESSER Grant Funding
- Independence Concert is Back! July 3 by SS Symphony League
- 2 Hopkins County Men Returned To Jail On Felony Charge