Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom says a 2013 audit of North East Texas Opportunities or NETO reveals more than $700,000 in fraud. NETO currently has a senior citizen meals program for rural county residents and a utility service. Judge Newsom says the county and others are disassociating themselves from NETO. State and federal investigations of NETO are underway. Judge Newsom has been assured that county residents receiving meals will be taken care of by a state agency.
School Start Countdown
- 10% Pay Increase, Additional Positions For HCSO, HCFD Projected In 2022-2023 County Budget
- Trading Post for August 10, 2022
- Pizza For Breakfast – Why not?
- Chamber Connection – Aug. 10: Learn More About Stew Contest At Stewcomers Meeting
- Surviving Drought Requires Planning
- School Begins … In Hopkins County, Yantis