Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom says a 2013 audit of North East Texas Opportunities or NETO reveals more than $700,000 in fraud. NETO currently has a senior citizen meals program for rural county residents and a utility service. Judge Newsom says the county and others are disassociating themselves from NETO. State and federal investigations of NETO are underway. Judge Newsom has been assured that county residents receiving meals will be taken care of by a state agency.
- Hopkins County Oct. 26 COVID-19 Update: 11 Recoveries, 8 New Cases
- Road Materials Bids, Equipment Purchase Approved By Hopkins County Commissioners Court
- Tony Glasscock
- One Sports Event Postponed, One Takes Place On This Rainy Game Day Monday, Oct. 26
- Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner On Coach’s Show After Friday Win At Mount Pleasant
- Winnsboro Man Accused Of Assaulting Wife For Throwing His Beer Out