Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom says a 2013 audit of North East Texas Opportunities or NETO reveals more than $700,000 in fraud. NETO currently has a senior citizen meals program for rural county residents and a utility service. Judge Newsom says the county and others are disassociating themselves from NETO. State and federal investigations of NETO are underway. Judge Newsom has been assured that county residents receiving meals will be taken care of by a state agency.
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021
- I-30 Traffic Stop Results In Discovery Of Pipe And Methamphetamine, Arrest
- Wildcats Football Team in Ennis Today For Friday Gameday, Plus First Ever Wildcats Cross Country Invitational Tomorrow
- Author, Civil Engineer Describes What, In His Observations, It Takes To Make “Strong Towns”
- Love Oldies? Consider the Atomic Prom
- Trading Post for September 24, 2021