As of Wednesday construction on the Hopkins County Jail is 34 days behind. County Judge Robert Newsom noted the 7 inches of rainfall in the county is the primary delay. He hopes to see construction catch up so that inmates can be moved in October of this year. Construction continues under budget. The quandary now is does the old jail building remain or does the county demolish all of the building. Newsom says the decision will be made in the next few days.
- May 2021 City Manager’s Report
- Cinco De Mayo On Celebration Plaza Declared A Huge Success
- Texas Ranger Ticket Giveaway #4
- Wildcats Football Offensive Coordinator Matt Young Discusses Football Work in School Athletic Period
- SSISD Spring Strings Program Concert Slated May 6
- TWC Approves $790 Million Assistance Package To Help Child Care Providers Impacted By COVID-19