As of Wednesday construction on the Hopkins County Jail is 34 days behind. County Judge Robert Newsom noted the 7 inches of rainfall in the county is the primary delay. He hopes to see construction catch up so that inmates can be moved in October of this year. Construction continues under budget. The quandary now is does the old jail building remain or does the county demolish all of the building. Newsom says the decision will be made in the next few days.
- Trading Post for November 27, 2020
- Butch McIllwain
- North Pole Of Texas Continues 22-Year Tradition Of Free Train Rides
- Reduce Your Risk Of Being The Victim Of Motor Vehicle Theft, Burglary
- Wildcats Basketball Team Gets Road Win At Dallas Lincoln, 60-47
- Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens Dissects 72-44 Win At Crandall On Saturday Coach’s Show