Smiley face

County Line School Committee Seeks Help

Members of the County Line School Historical Marker Committee are seeking photos, news clippings and memories about the Old County Line School, which once straddled the Hopkins and Rains County lines. The school’s history began in 1899, and ended in 1947 when it consolidated with Miller Grove ISD. The lower floor of the building had classrooms and the upper story of the school building was used for Woodmen of the World meetings. The original building was torn down a number of years ago. Historian Brandon Darrow and retired educators Gail Garmon and Lewis Watts invite everyone to the unveiling of the marker on Sunday April 12 at 2pm at County Line Baptist Church new Family Life Center located on Hwy 275 south of Miller Grove. Everyone is welcome. To contribute information, contact 903-459-3312 or [email protected]

20150320_083851

Historian Brandon Darrow and retired educators Gail Garmon and Lewis Watts

 

Share This Post On