It was a relatively quiet New Year’s Eve and first few hours of New Year’s Day for local law enforcement officers. The Sulphur Springs Police Department reported one man drove off of Main Street near Turtle Creek and went over a guardrail. He did not end up in any water and he was not injured. The police department had three arrests for public intoxication. There was one arrest for DWI. An officer stopped one driver for speeding and arrested him because of an outstanding theft warrant. The Sheriff’s office had an arrest for DUI involving an underage drinker. A Sheriff’s deputy also answered an illness call shortly after midnight. One caller requested the help of the Red Cross after the birth of a baby at Hopkins County Memorial Hospital. DPS troopers made a couple of arrests. A traffic stop led to apprehension of a person for a Smith County warrant and another person was arrested for possessing drug paraphernalia and for having no driver’s license.
- Hopkins County Records — June 25, 2022
- Paris District Road Report for June 27, 2022
- Sulphur Springs Man Jailed For Assaulting An Officer With A Knife
- United Way Distributes Additional Funds Raised Over the 2020 Campaign Goal To Local Groups
- 4 Jailed Thursday In Hopkins County On Felony Warrants
- Traffic Stop Yields 1 Arrest For Having Marijuana And A Gun