Two men in hoodies with their faces covered took some moneybags from the VFW Cantina on Veterans Drive in Sulphur Springs in broad daylight at 8:30 Wednesday morning. A woman working at the VFW saw the men take the bags and she chased after them until they disappeared into a wooded area near the VFW. Numerous officers and investigators from the Sulphur Springs Police Department responded. Although technically a “theft” since the bandits didn’t actually confront the staff of the VFW, the crime is still a bold one. An investigation continues.
- Updated Meal A Day Menu For May 10-14, 2021
- Cumby ISD Trustees Canvass May 1 Bond Election Returns, Hire Architectural Firm
- North Hopkins Baseball Season Ends With Bi-District Doubleheader Loss Friday
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of May 10, 2021
- In Lieu of Spring Football, Wildcats Defensive Coordinator Alex Guerra Makes Use of School Athletic Periods
- Lady Cat Claire Bybee Claims Third Place at State Meet in Pole Vault Friday