The Hopkins County Commissioners Court approved a license agreement with Luminant Mining Corporation Monday. County Commissioner Mike Odell explained that the agreement meant when Luminant closed some roads, they would give the county some property where the county could get dirt. The agreement calls for the county to pay Luminant rent of $1 a year for use of the property. Mining work should get underway early next year.
- The Sulphur Springs Community Players Will Hold Auditions for ‘Charley’s Aunt’ on August 8-10th
- Robert “Rip” Vanwinkle
- Bid For New Senior Citizens Center, Grant Application On Aug. 3 City Council Agenda
- Stegient Wins Bronze Medal At ATA Martial Arts World Tournament Of Champs
- Hopkins County Republican Party Meeting Scheduled Aug. 7, At Pioneer Café
- Dinner Bell Menu For August 4, 2021