8TH District Court Judge Eddie Northcutt announced Wednesday morning that he has determined that Tony Crayton of Sulphur Springs is guilty of murder. The decision followed two-days of testimony before Judge Northcutt by District Attorney Will Ramsey and Defense Attorney Martin Braddy. Judge Northcutt set the sentencing phase of the trial for November 24-25 in his court. Crayton is on trial for the October 2013 murder of his wife, Jessica Tyler Townsend Crayton, whose body was discovered by police officers in her Morris Street home. A short time later, police were told that Crayton had jumped off of the League Street Bridge onto I-30 injuring himself.
- Dec. 5 COVID-19 Update: 20 New Cases, 2 Recoveries
- Wildcats Basketball Team Tops Paris On The Road Saturday, 69-60
- Lady Cats Basketball Team Is Edged By Paris At Home in Overtime, 53-51
- James Paul McPhearson
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of December 7, 2020
- TxDOT Digital Highway Sign Contest Open Through Dec. 8