8TH District Court Judge Eddie Northcutt announced Wednesday morning that he has determined that Tony Crayton of Sulphur Springs is guilty of murder. The decision followed two-days of testimony before Judge Northcutt by District Attorney Will Ramsey and Defense Attorney Martin Braddy. Judge Northcutt set the sentencing phase of the trial for November 24-25 in his court. Crayton is on trial for the October 2013 murder of his wife, Jessica Tyler Townsend Crayton, whose body was discovered by police officers in her Morris Street home. A short time later, police were told that Crayton had jumped off of the League Street Bridge onto I-30 injuring himself.
- Active COVID-19 Case Count In Hopkins County On The Rise
- The Sulphur Springs Community Players Will Hold Auditions for ‘Charley’s Aunt’ on August 8-10th
- Robert “Rip” Vanwinkle
- Bid For New Senior Citizens Center, Grant Application On Aug. 3 City Council Agenda
- Stegient Wins Bronze Medal At ATA Martial Arts World Tournament Of Champs
- Hopkins County Republican Party Meeting Scheduled Aug. 7, At Pioneer Café