Some 80 to 100 people turned out Thursday evening for the annual officer election for the Hopkins County Genealogical Society. Perhaps bubbling underneath is an issue of whether or not the Genealogical Society should accept a city proposal to move from their property located in the renovated 200 block of Main Street into the meeting room at the Sulphur Springs Public Library. Two society members spoke out against the move some months ago at public forum during a city council meeting. No action was taken concerning the proposal Thursday night. Members seemed to support their leadership by largely re-electing a slate of officers. Ronnie Glossup was elected President, John Sellers vice-President and David Blair second vice-President. The issue of relocation may be brought up during a future meeting.
- The Sulphur Springs Community Players Will Hold Auditions for ‘Charley’s Aunt’ on August 8-10th
- Robert “Rip” Vanwinkle
- Bid For New Senior Citizens Center, Grant Application On Aug. 3 City Council Agenda
- Stegient Wins Bronze Medal At ATA Martial Arts World Tournament Of Champs
- Hopkins County Republican Party Meeting Scheduled Aug. 7, At Pioneer Café
- Dinner Bell Menu For August 4, 2021