Some 80 to 100 people turned out Thursday evening for the annual officer election for the Hopkins County Genealogical Society. Perhaps bubbling underneath is an issue of whether or not the Genealogical Society should accept a city proposal to move from their property located in the renovated 200 block of Main Street into the meeting room at the Sulphur Springs Public Library. Two society members spoke out against the move some months ago at public forum during a city council meeting. No action was taken concerning the proposal Thursday night. Members seemed to support their leadership by largely re-electing a slate of officers. Ronnie Glossup was elected President, John Sellers vice-President and David Blair second vice-President. The issue of relocation may be brought up during a future meeting.
- Wildcats 7 on 7 Football Team Takes on Lindale and Gilmer Here Tuesday Evening
- Johnson, Wade Top 2021 Sulphur Bluff Honor Graduates
- Texas Ranger Ticket Giveaway #7
- CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital To Hold Walk-In COVID Vaccine Clinic May 19
- Trading Post for May 18th, 2021
- Nutritional Challenges for Cattle Under Wet Conditions, by Mario Villarino