House Bill 5 gave schools a new graduation plan. It involves offering students endorsements. The state recommended endorsements in five areas. Sulphur Springs High School Principal Josh Williams and High School College and Career Readiness Director Jenny Arledge have come up with a plan using all the courses the high school has, to offer students possible endorsements in any of the five areas. Students in the eighth grade will be expected to select a high school major. They will have the opportunity to sample various career choices. The plan is flexible to accommodate a student changing their mind. Principal Williams says the plan will be further explained during the spring, perhaps during Public School Week.
- Wildcats Basketball Team Gets District Victory At Home Over Hallsville, 60-46, Tuesday Night
- Lady Cats Basketball Team Wins Defensive Struggle At Hallsville, 33-29, Tuesday Night
- Jan. 26 COVID-19 Update: 3 Fatalities, 37 New Cases, 20 Recoveries
- Wildcats Soccer Team Preps For Start Of District Play With A Non-District Win Over Pleasant Grove Tuesday Night
- Maria Pereira
- Welding Project at the Paris Junior College-Sulphur Springs