Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Offers On-line Classes
Many of you are aware of the excellent programs, workshops, camps, seminars, and special events that Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service offers in Hopkins County, but did you know that we offer so much more? The Family and Consumer Sciences distance learning website offers online courses that are convenient, flexible, affordable, and based on the latest research. Courses are available for professionals seeking to fulfill state-mandated training requirements, and for everyday users who are simply interested in learning more about a variety of topics.
The best way to find out if your computer meets our requirements is to complete the Free Registration. Registration for an Extension Online account is free of charge. Most of the Extension Online courses also offer free enrollment. If there is a fee for a course, it will be clearly indicated on the course listings. Certificates of completion can be obtained for all courses. Before obtaining some certificates, you may be required to pay a small processing fee.
There are numerous course offerings. Choose a course category below to get started:
· Child Care
· CTE Teachers
· Food & Nutrition
· Food Safety
· Home Based Business
· Housing & Environment
· Military Caregiving
· Money & Finance
· Local Government
· Special Populations
· Volunteer Training
Within each category, there are several topics from which to choose. For example, under the “Food & Nutrition” category, there are 25 courses. Under the “Family” category, there are 9 courses. This is just a sampling of the information that is available at your fingertips! Remember that all the courses are research-based, and best of all, you can complete them in the comfort of your own home. If you need assistance, you are welcome to come to the local Extension Office to use our public computer.
If you are interested in finding out more about Texas A&M AgriLife Extension on-line courses, simply go to https://extensiononline.tamu. edu to get started.
October is full of action! Don’t miss out on these events:
· Saturday, October 4: Hopkins County 4-H Achievement Banquet, 6:30 p.m., Church of the Nazarene, 1300 League Street, Sulphur Springs – please RSVP by calling 903-885-3443.
(4-H Foods Project meets at 10:00 a.m. at the church to prepare desserts; County 4-H Council officers meet at noon to decorate and rehearse script)
· October 5 – 11: National 4-H Week! 4-H Project show entries due by 4:30 on Tuesday, October 7)
· October 9-10: 4-H Project Show entries on public display at the Extension Office
· Thursday, October 9: Business Mixer and Ribbon Cutting for Hopkins County Fall Festival, 5:00 to 6:30 p.m., Civic Center
· Friday, October 10: deadline to submit vendor application for Fall Festival Arts & Crafts Show – submit to Extension Office, 1200 W. Houston Street, Sulphur Springs
· October 18-25: Hopkins County Fall Festival
· October 23-24: Register items for Fall Festival Creative Arts Contest (contact Extension Office for more information)
· October 24 & 25: Be sure to visit the Fall Festival for all the exciting events, including the Arts & Crafts Show, Dinner Tonight Cooking Demonstrations, and the Creative Arts Contest!
· Saturday, November 8: Hopkins County 4-H Food Show and Consumer Decision Making Contest – 2:00 p.m.
· Monday, November 10: Annual Extension “Christmas Joys” holiday program – “Everything Old is New Again”, Southwest Dairy Museum, 1:30 p.m., repeated at 5:30 p.m. Must call 903-885-3443 to reserve a seat! Seating limited to 80 per session.
· Thursday, November 13: Extension Leadership Appreciation Banquet, League Street Church of Christ, 6:00 p.m. Please call 903-885-3443 to reserve a seat so adequate preparations can be made.
That’s all I have room for today. Stay posted for more!
Faith is the fundamental factor in everything you do – Emmitt Smith
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
Family & Consumer Sciences
1200-B W. Houston
Sulphur springs, TX 75483
903-885-3443 – phone
903-439-4909 – Fax