It’s a small world. Cathy Mitchell was admiring quilts at the Lone Star Heritage Quilt Guild Show Friday when she saw one that had the name of her small Kansas hometown on it and the names of people she knew. Ms. Mitchell found Jane Dillon, also from Satanta, Kansas, who had put the family quilt on display. The women went to school together from first grade to their sophomore year but hadn’t seen each other since. Both have now moved to the area. The quilt’s squares date back to 1933
- Wood County Sheriff’s Report – May 27-June 2, 2020
- ‘Higher Love Movement’ Set for Peaceful and Inclusive Protest on Celebration Plaza
- Two Wildcats Sign With College to Continue Athletic Endeavors
- Coach Owens Announces Major Athletic Awards Winners at Brief Ceremony Thursday Evening
- Sulphur Springs Opens The Edge Conditioning Program Monday
- June 5 Update: 2 New COVID-19 Cases In Hopkins County, 1 Additional Recovery
Ye Olde KSST Poll
When Will You Feel Okay Traveling On A Vacation Again ?
- I would go now if I could. (31%)
- I would go once we have a vaccine for COVID-19 (19%)
- I will probably wait another month. (15%)
- I may not travel until summer of 2021 (15%)
- I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable traveling again. (12%)
- Maybe when the government gives the "all clear" (8%)
Thanks for voting!