A jury in Hopkins County’s 8th District Court Wednesday found a 40-year old Rockwall man not guilty of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence. Darrell Don Green was on trial for writing a note on a gas station credit card application at a convenience store on East Shannon Road at Helm Lane. This was while lawmen were conducting an intensive search for two Hopkins County Jail escapees. The note indicated that the escapees were headed to Mt. Pleasant and had taken Green hostage. Green’s defense attorney Deric Walpole stressed that Green had no intention to hamper the search. The attorney did say his client’s really bad joke was an incredibly stupid thing to do.
- Hospital District 2021 Tax Rate, Budget Approved
- EMP Credits, Off-System Bridge And Chapter 381 ED Programs On Commissioners Court Agenda
- Sept. 21-25, 2020 Meal A Day Menu
- Lady Cats Volleyball Team Wins Pair Of Matches On Saturday To Even Season Record At 2-2
- Lady Cats Swept by Frisco Heritage Coyotes, 3-0
- Virtual Hearings Slated For Rezoning Of Mine, Spence Street Properties