A jury in Hopkins County’s 8th District Court Wednesday found a 40-year old Rockwall man not guilty of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence. Darrell Don Green was on trial for writing a note on a gas station credit card application at a convenience store on East Shannon Road at Helm Lane. This was while lawmen were conducting an intensive search for two Hopkins County Jail escapees. The note indicated that the escapees were headed to Mt. Pleasant and had taken Green hostage. Green’s defense attorney Deric Walpole stressed that Green had no intention to hamper the search. The attorney did say his client’s really bad joke was an incredibly stupid thing to do.
- DHHS: Child Care Workers, School Personnel Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccines
- Masks Still Required At CHRISTUS Facilities, Per CDC Guidelines
- Saltillo Lady Lions Players Earn All-District Honors
- Saltillo Lions Basketball Players Earn All-District Honors
- Sulphur Springs ISD Will Have To Make Up 1 Snow Day
- Trading Post for March 3, 2021