A jury in Hopkins County’s 8th District Court Wednesday found a 40-year old Rockwall man not guilty of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence. Darrell Don Green was on trial for writing a note on a gas station credit card application at a convenience store on East Shannon Road at Helm Lane. This was while lawmen were conducting an intensive search for two Hopkins County Jail escapees. The note indicated that the escapees were headed to Mt. Pleasant and had taken Green hostage. Green’s defense attorney Deric Walpole stressed that Green had no intention to hamper the search. The attorney did say his client’s really bad joke was an incredibly stupid thing to do.
- Hopkins County Constables’ Fees To Increase in 2022
- 9 SSHS Students On Their Way To Earing Firefighter Certification
- TxDOT Names Brian Barth as Deputy Executive Director for Program Delivery
- Wildcats Cross Country Season Schedules Firmed Up
- Winnsboro Police Department Media Report For July 19-25, 2021
- EEA: Our Youth 4th Annual Back to School Ready Event Slated Aug. 15