There is a new barricade up downtown but Sulphur Springs City Manager Marc Maxwell says this one is for a minor problem. Some stucco is falling off of a sidewall of an old fabrics building on Main Street across the street from Muddy Jakes. Maxwell says the barricades are to keep anyone from being hit by falling material. Maxwell says he has distributed reports of a structural engineer on 11 suspect downtown walls to property owners. He indicates enforcement action could be taken if owners do not take care of the problems with the walls. Maxwell says he is particularly worried about two walls.
- Wildcats Basketball Team Gets District Victory At Home Over Hallsville, 60-46, Tuesday Night
- Lady Cats Basketball Team Wins Defensive Struggle At Hallsville, 33-29, Tuesday Night
- Jan. 26 COVID-19 Update: 3 Fatalities, 37 New Cases, 20 Recoveries
- Wildcats Soccer Team Preps For Start Of District Play With A Non-District Win Over Pleasant Grove Tuesday Night
- Maria Pereira
- Welding Project at the Paris Junior College-Sulphur Springs