According to Dayton Wood, President of the Cumby FFA Chapter, the team had already placed 2nd at District earlier this Fall in Radio Broadcast contests, and that placement allowed them to advance to Area competition on November 14, 2018. Using scripts they developed during workshops and working as a broadcast team, they faced down students from 70 other schools to bring home 7th Place. However, they did not fulfill their dream of making it to the State level this year. Wood and his two teammates will graduate in Spring 2019, and feel certain that next year’s team will keep up the momentum for Cumby. Additionally, Wood placed 4th in Senior Creed Speaking at the Area contest, and was proud to bring home that designation to his school’s FFA Chapter. Wood plans to major in Ag Communications when he enters college, and to get experience and training in Radio and TV broadcasting along the way. Meantime, Wood and the Cumby FFA Chapter are preparing for livestock shows and judging competitions in the coming Spring. Congratulations to all the students in the Cumby FFA Chapter!
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
Terrell v.s. Lady Cats 5:45PM Game Time
- Channel 18 News Tuesday, December 11, 2018
- Game Day: Wildcats Take on #1 6-A Denton Guyer; Lady Cats Host Idabel, Oklahoma
- Man Sentenced to 4-Years in TDJC
- Video Presentation: Lions Club Christmas Parade 2018
- A&M-Commerce Opera Production of “Serse” Wins National Competition
- Santa, Lights, A Bright Monday Night in the City
- Tuesday Forecast
- A & M University-Commerce Fall Commencement Set for December 14 and 15, 2018
- Channel 18 News Monday, December 10, 2018
Ye Olde KSST Poll
The Christmas Tree on Celebration Plaza...
- Perfect, absolutely love it! (43%)
- It's ok, I don't ever get that close to it. (22%)
- It's ageing, and needs some sprucing up... get it? sprucing? (17%)
- Bah humbug! (17%)
Thanks for voting!