Hopkins County resident Larry V. Davis was born near Fairlee, Texas and educated at Boles Home. During high school, he traveled the country with the Boles Home Choir as a singer and public speaker. His adult career spanned from work in radio to writer to stockbroker to goat rancher. As a sideline, he developed the Mark Twain character when he was a young adult and has spent over 50 years presenting Twain’s iconic wisdom to audiences everywhere. He will appear in the Greenville Concert Series on January 18, 2019. Now that the published author has returned “home” to western Hopkins County, he often donates his talent to worthy causes like fundraising for the Sulphur Springs Seniors Center Building Fund. Please attend the presentation by donation on Saturday November 10 at 7 pm and enjoy an amusing, historical, heartwarming program as L.V. Davis becomes “Mark Twain”.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Wilburn L. Winnett
- Sandra “Sandy” Fisher
- SSHS UIL Academic Team Competed at Lindale
- Soccer Game Day: Wildcats at Pittsburg; Lady Cats at Athens
- Basketball Game Day: Wildcats, Lady Cats Host Royse City
- Merle Norman Spa Opens With Ribbon Cutting
- Local Book Club Attends the annual “Girlfriends Weekend” Authors Conference in Jefferson
- Channel 18 News: Tuesday January 22, 2019
- Michael “G-Dad” Zachary
- Moore Files For Place 6; City Council Approves Bids for Sunset Street Rebuild
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My New Years Resolution for 2019 is...
- keep it all to myself, and make a few changes (49%)
- to do nothing. Cheers! (49%)
- to spam social media with lofty goals (2%)
Thanks for voting!