The Mojave Desert doesn’t have anything on us. Sulphur Springs was very, very dry in September. We came close to an entire month without a measured drop at the City of Sulphur Springs Water Treatment Plant. Rainfall in September was .01 inches total. It came on one day. Friday, the 29th. The dry month followed one of our wettest. The 11.93 inches of rain in August was the second rainiest month of the year. Only April had more with 12.21 inches. Previous low rain month before September was 2.13 inches in March. Rainfall through the first nine months of the year is now 45.29 inches.
- Helen Henton
- Sulphur Springs FFA Members Recognized For Proficiency, Hard Work
- Traffic Stop Leads To Warrant Arrest
- Man Arrested Following Near Collision on SH 19
- Suspected Ecstasy, Marijuana Reportedly Found During I-30 Traffic Stop
- Pittsburg Man Jailed For Alleged Possession of THC wax
- SSHS Seniors Awarded More Than $3.3 Million In Scholarships, Awards At Ceremony — Part 2
- 62nd District Jury Panel Cancelled for Monday
- Blue Beats White in Spring Game, 41-7 As Wildcats Wrap Up Spring Football Practice
- North Hopkins Golfers Attribute Successes To Team Effort, Hard Work
Ye Olde KSST Poll
My rain gauge...
- Floated away... (44%)
- Full, and I can't make it out there to empty it. (38%)
- I just look at the water level on my boots. (13%)
- When I want to know, I drive down MLK near downtown. (6%)
Thanks for voting!