Yantis Mayor Jerry E. Miller, who is also the organizer of the annual Yantis Catfish Classic, wants everyone to know that this Spring’s tournament yielded a donation of $17,500 for the Yantis Volunteer Fire Department. This amount is up from the 2016 donation by $2500, and he feels is money well placed for services rendered year-round by the volunteer organization. The 2-day Catfish Classic brought 248 contestants, the largest-ever field. The wining catch was a 13.25 pound Flathead (yellow) catfish weighed in by Mr. Ray of Yantis. There were also winners in Youth 12-and-under and Youth 13-17 as well as Senior Men and Women divisions. In keeping with the tourney’s family-oriented theme, each youth age 12 and under who weighed in a fish was given $20, and 41 youth weighed in fish. This was the 13th catfish tournament held on Lake Fork, and the 3rd annual Classic sponsored by Bass Pro Shops and local sponsors as a benefit to the Yantis VFD. Visiting anglers also boost the economy of the lakeside community. The 2018 tourney is scheduled for the first weekend in May.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Saturday Forecast
- PJC-Sulphur Springs English Class Review
- 12 Wildcats Set Personal Bests, Lady Cats Finished Sixth in Paris Track Meet Thursday
- Game Day: Tennis, Golf
- SSHS EDGE Summer Conditioning Program Partners with Michael Johnson Performance
- Channel 18 News, Friday, March 23, 2018
- Tradin’ Post for Friday March 23rd, 2018
- Caddo Indian Artifacts Plentiful in Eastern Hopkins County
- Chamber of Commerce Plans City Council Candidate Forum
- PJC Announces Fall 2017 President’s and Dean’s List Honorees
Ye Olde KSST Poll
St. Patrick's Day means to me...
- Just another day. (67%)
- I might venture out with some green on... and celebrate some. (13%)
- Staying home and avoiding any and all revelers (7%)
- Green Beer, Corned Beef, Cabbage, Green Shamrocks... (3%)
- Sending up a personal thanks to St. P for chasing those snakes. (3%)
- Green beer is gross. (3%)
- Getting a free pass to pinch people. (3%)
Thanks for voting!