Prior to voting for a deficit budget and a tax rate increase, Hopkins County Memorial Hospital Board member Suzanne Bankston said she was unhappy. She said she would vote for the budget as the very best that they could do but she added the board needed to look for major ways to make major revisions in the budget. Ms. Bankston said the board needed to determine what services they could deliver and which ones might be best done by someone else. She suggested looking at areas not making money or ones that caused the expending of great amounts of effort that could be used elsewhere. The adopted budget is a deficit budget for the second straight year, almost $2.5-million in the red.
SSISD School starts in…
- Friday Forecast
- Plane Crash at Sulphur Springs Municipal Airport Thursday Evening
- Budget and Rural Meals Fill County Judge’s Plate
- Wildcat Marching Band Camps Underway
- SSHS Senior Schedule Review Next Week
- The People have Voted… KSST Best Radio Station in Hopkins County!
- Chamber Connection – July 30, 2015 by Meredith Caddell
- At the Corral Gate by Enola Gay
- Thursday Forecast
- Street Reconstruction Continues as Water Line Project Concludes