Prior to voting for a deficit budget and a tax rate increase, Hopkins County Memorial Hospital Board member Suzanne Bankston said she was unhappy. She said she would vote for the budget as the very best that they could do but she added the board needed to look for major ways to make major revisions in the budget. Ms. Bankston said the board needed to determine what services they could deliver and which ones might be best done by someone else. She suggested looking at areas not making money or ones that caused the expending of great amounts of effort that could be used elsewhere. The adopted budget is a deficit budget for the second straight year, almost $2.5-million in the red.
KSST News Ticker
- Wildcats Win District Opener as Offense Rolled Up 518 Yards
- Lady Cats Win Epic Battle in Pine Tree
- Saturday Forecast
- Safety Texturing Work Begins Sept. 26 Across TxDOT Paris District
- Channel 18 News Friday 09-23-16
- Ursa Lynn Saputo
- Wildcats Stats as 2016 District Season Begins
- NCL Releases Rock-Bottom Pricing on 14 Day Cruise!
- Como-Pickton FFA Successful at Four States Fair
- Work at Municipal Airport Pond Enhances Its Purpose