Funeral services for Reba Nell Tollison, age 90, of Sulphur Springs, will be held at 2:00 p.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at West Oaks Funeral Home Chapel with Bob Woodruff officiating. Interment will follow at Yantis Cemetery with Randy Walker, Sidney Walker, Lance Walker, and Mitchell Walker serving as pallbearers. Honorary pallbearer will be Alan Ross. There will be no formal visitation. Mrs. Tollison passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 in Tyler, TX. She was born on July 10, 1924 in Yantis, the daughter of Robert Lavert and Dema Segers Ross. She married Richard Tollison on March 22, 1943 in McCallister, Ok. He survives. During WWII she worked at Chance Vaught in Grand Prairie where she riveted the wings of a P-51 “The Mustang”. She was one of the original “Rosie the Riveters” being a member of the WWII greatest generation. Other survivors include several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by four siblings. Arrangements are under the direction of West Oaks Funeral Home.
- Saturday Forecast
- PJC-Sulphur Springs English Class Review
- 12 Wildcats Set Personal Bests, Lady Cats Finished Sixth in Paris Track Meet Thursday
- Game Day: Tennis, Golf
- SSHS EDGE Summer Conditioning Program Partners with Michael Johnson Performance
- Channel 18 News, Friday, March 23, 2018
- Tradin’ Post for Friday March 23rd, 2018
- Caddo Indian Artifacts Plentiful in Eastern Hopkins County
- Chamber of Commerce Plans City Council Candidate Forum
- PJC Announces Fall 2017 President’s and Dean’s List Honorees
Ye Olde KSST Poll
St. Patrick's Day means to me...
- Just another day. (67%)
- I might venture out with some green on... and celebrate some. (13%)
- Staying home and avoiding any and all revelers (7%)
- Green Beer, Corned Beef, Cabbage, Green Shamrocks... (3%)
- Sending up a personal thanks to St. P for chasing those snakes. (3%)
- Green beer is gross. (3%)
- Getting a free pass to pinch people. (3%)
Thanks for voting!