Hospital Offers Free Virtual Classes For New And Expectant Moms
By Holly Ragan, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS® Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
Sulphur Springs, Texas, April 20, 2021 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs has ONE mission: To Extend the Health Ministry of Jesus Christ.
The current blood shortage is the worst in decades. – We need your help!
Carter Bloodcare is hosting a blood drive in the CBC bus at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs in the front parking lot on Saturday, May 1, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and again on Wednesday, May 19, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call or text (800) 366-2834 or visit their website at www.carterbloodcare.org. Type “O” donations are in high demand.
*Updated* Hospital Visitation Protocol
We continue to ensure a safe and compassionate process for families and essential support persons to visit patients, while preventing person-to-person transmission of infectious diseases in our acute care settings. All visitors will continue to be screened to make certain they do not fit a COVID-19 profile, based on CDC guidelines. To safely regulate access to patient care areas within our hospital, visitor screening stations are placed at the entrance of our facilities.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable
- Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth
- Visitors must pass screening before entry
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open
- All visitors are screened at the door, including a temperature taken
- All associates are screened at each shift, including a temperature taken
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- COVID Unit limited to (1) visitor (age 16 and over)
- ER and ICU limited to (2) visitors
- ALL hospital visitors are required to wear a mask. Visitors should bring their own mask; homemade cloth masks are acceptable.
Effective March 17, 2021
We will no longer restrict the number of visitors per patient, however, we strongly encourage to limit visitors to ONE (1) essential support person and for all other visitors – continue utilizing virtual communication through mobile devices to monitor your loved ones in our care.
We are prepared to support each woman’s healthcare needs at any stage of life. Whether you come in for a routine gynecological exam, preparing to give birth, or need treatment for a disorder, we offer an outstanding breadth of services and treatments. Our provider team includes Darryl Doughtie, MD; Martin Fielder, MD; and Certified Nurse Midwife Deb Logan. To schedule an appointment, please contact their office at 903.439.4917.
Planning to deliver your baby at our hospital? We want to help you prepare every step of the way. Every month our hospital offers FREE virtual classes for new and expectant moms: The Childbirth class taught by Certified Nurse Midwife Deb Logan is the first Monday of every month from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. The Breastfeeding class taught by Lactation Consultant Kristi Couch, RN, is the first Tuesday of every month from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. For more information, please call 903.439.4091. Look for our booth at the local event hosted at Hill Chiropractic on May 7!
Did you know we can take care of almost all of your medical specialty needs right here in Sulphur Springs? Just one of many is our Urologist Dr. Loren Ost, and his Nurse Practitioner Leah Irving. Dr. Ost and Leah see patients who have concerns of the urinary system in both male and females, as well as the reproductive organs of the male. They are located at 113 Airport Road, Suite 300, and may be reached by calling 903.885.1770.
We are proud to offer the newest technology in total knee replacement treatment, Stryker’s Mako® Robotic-Arm Assisted Total Knee Application. The Mako Total Knee application is a treatment option designed to relieve the pain caused by joint degeneration due to osteoarthritis, and is another way to demonstrate our commitment to outstanding joint health. For questions about your joint pain, and the Mako option, contact the office of our very own Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. Chris Meltsakos, by calling 903.885.6688.
COVID Vaccines Available
Contact Holly Ragan at 903.439.4033 to schedule an appointment for a Pfizer vaccine. The 1st dose will be on April 28, and the 2nd dose will be on May 19.
Don’t Delay Care
We want to be perfectly clear – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances remains a safe place for all to receive quality care. Go to the Emergency Department or call 9-1-1 if you are urgently ill. While COVID-19 is new, our processes and procedures in place for infection prevention and preventing the spread of illness are not. To learn more about COVID-19, go to ChristusTMF.org or www.cdc.gov.
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs, the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital a partner of Encompass Health, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long-term acute care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41 counties. For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital