Gerald Prim Stadium in Sulphur Springs will host another playoff football on Friday (November 29) and it’s a big homecoming or sorts. Former Wildcats Defensive Coordinator and former Wildcats football player Triston Abron is returning to The Prim as the head coach of the Paul Pewitt Brahmas. Paul Pewitt will be playing Bells at 6 p.m. Friday at Prim Stadium. It’s a regional semi-final game for Class 3A, Region III, Division II. Paul Pewitt is 11-1 for the season while Bells is 9-3. Coach Abron’s team was picked to finish fourth in their district by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Magazine but they surprised the experts. The Brahmas were district co-champs and a #2 seed in the playoffs. The winner of Friday night’s game will face the winner of a Daingerfield and Newton game being played Friday at Nacogdoches.
Home » Community Events » Former Wildcat Player and Coach Triston Abron to Bring Paul Pewitt to Prim For Friday Football Playoff Game
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 27, 2021
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021
- I-30 Traffic Stop Results In Discovery Of Pipe And Methamphetamine, Arrest