April 7, 2023- U. S. Senator Ted Cruz visited Sulphur Springs Tuesday April 4th, touring the M&F Western Products in Sulphur Springs, Texas. He also made a visit to the Priefert Manufacturing facility in Mount Pleasant.
Sen. Ted Cruz said:
“Manufacturing is a pillar of the Texas economy and it’s one I’m proud to support – especially in East Texas. The facilities I toured in Sulphur Springs and Mt. Pleasant today showcase how high the Lone Star State sets the standard for excellence in the industry. I’m glad to see the innovative steps that have been taken to ensure Texas is at the forefront of manufacturing and continues creating jobs to keep Texas moving forward.“
At M&F Western Products Manufacturing Facility, Sen. Cruz spoke with local leaders of Sulphur Springs about supply chain and taxation, following a tour of their newly constructed worldwide distribution center. The center houses products like saddle slickers, hat supplies, belts, and wallets.
Good, high-paying jobs are the top priority of Texans, and because of that, they are also the top priority of Sen. Ted Cruz:
- In the past year Sen. Cruz successfully negotiated the approval of four major LNG export permits, helping Texas and American companies sell American energy overseas.
- Sen. Cruz has fought to protect access to banking for legal industries against political efforts to undermine them.
- He helped enact historic tax reform in 2017, which gave a tax cut to virtually every taxpayer in America. It reduced taxes on small businesses, farmers, ranchers, and job producers, which has helped bring jobs to Texas.
- Sen. Cruz has worked in a bipartisan manner to designate the “Ports-to-Plains Corridor” in Texas as a future highway, boosting transportation efficiency and cutting costs.
- He has fought to make permanent the 2017 historic tax cuts for individuals.
- He is leading the fight against burdensome federal government regulations and EPA overreach.
- Sen. Cruz also helped pass the USMCA trade agreement, which was signed by President Trump, a decisive victory for Texas farmers, ranchers, businesses, and manufacturers.
- For his efforts to support Texas businesses large and small, Sen. Cruz received the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s prestigious “Spirit of Enterprise” award.
- To lessen the United States’ dangerous dependence on the Chinese Communist Party, Sen. Cruz introduced the ORE Act, or Onshoring Rare Earths Act of 2020, legislation to bring back supply chains for these resources within the United States.
- Sen. Cruz also urged the Trump administration to support development of a fully domestic rare earth minerals supply chain.
- Sen. Cruz successfully advocated for the U.S. Army to give Texas-based Bell Textron the contract to replace the Black Hawk helicopter with a new assault helicopter for military use.
- Sen. Cruz has successfully advocated for Texas innovators and their work to be included in the annual National Defense Authorization Act and the biannual Coast Guard Authorization Act.
- Sen. Cruz worked with a bipartisan group of Texas legislators to call for the Biden administration to pick Texas as a future site for the National Semiconductor Technology Center (NSTC) and National Advanced Packaging Manufacturing Program (NAPMP).
- Sen. Cruz introduced legislation to reduce the U.S. pharmaceutical manufacturing dependence on China.
- Sen. Cruz authored bipartisan legislation to designate Texas roads as future highways and interstate highways, which will reduce travel costs, bring new jobs to the Lone Star State, and increase the state’s annual GDP.