Here Fishy, Fishy, Fish! Cooper Lake Festival Of The Fish is Saturday
Cooper Lake State Park Doctors Creek Unit – Texas Parks and Wildlife
Here fishy, fishy, fish! Cooper Lake State Park will have several come and go programs during this celebration of fish.
We will feature different stations that cover fish themed come and go programs.
All programs will be at the Bluebonnet Day-use Area April 1st, 2023 starting at 9 a.m. and lasting until 3 p.m.
- Fishing with the Ranger – Try your hand at casting a line and catching a fish or two – limited amount of loaner fishing poles available – earn your First Fish Certificate.
- Back Yard Bass – fishing on dry land
- Cast a line, and catch a fish.
- Arts and Crafts – featuring Gyotaku – fish painting
- Learn fish anatomy and other species specific information during a hands-on painting activity.
- Fishing knots and tackle tips
- Learn to tie and attach tackle to your line.
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Fishing Trailer – Lots to see and learn at this educational trailer.
This is one of many 100-year celebration events happening in Texas state parks this year. Entry to a park is free on the day it hosts an official 100-Year celebration event (applies to day passes only). Guarantee entry by reserving your free day pass up to one month before this special event.