At least 3 people were jailed this week in Hopkins County on non-controlled substance felony warrants.
Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office Deputies Josh Davis and Bobby Osornio contacted Kasey Anderson Benson at an FM 69 south residence and placed him into custody at 10:10 p.m. July 7, 2022. The 44-year-old Como man was booked into Hopkins County jail after midnight on the injury to a child, elderly or disabled person charge.
Benson remained in Hopkins County jail later Friday, July 8, 2022. Bond on the first-degree felony charge was set at $50,000, according to jail reports.
HCSO Deputy Steve Huffman traveled to Lake Charles, Louisiana, where Sarah Renee Grubbs was in custody at Calcasieus Correctional Center on a Hopkins County warrant. He took custody of the 33-year-old Sulphur Springs woman at 12:50 a.m. July 7, 2022, and transported her to Hopkins county jail.
Grubbs, who arrest and jail records show is also known by Val Hampton, Valory Hampton and Vanity, was booked into Hopkins County jail July 7, 2022, for interference with child custody. She remained in Hopkins County jail Friday, July 8, 2022, in lieu of the $10,00 bond set on the state jail felony charge.
HCSO Sgt. Todd Evans and Deputies Isaac Foley and Rains County Deputy David Rojo located Lane Wesley Keller at his residence and took him into custody at 3 p.m. Tuesday, July 5, 2022, on 10 warrants.
The 25-year-old Sulphur Springs man was booked into and remained in Hopkins County jail in Friday, July 8, 2022:
- 2 Hopkins County warrants for violation of probation on theft of cattle charges (held without bond)
- bond forfeiture on a Hopkins County theft of property charge (new $5,000 bond),
- bond forfeiture on a Hopkins County failure to identify as a fugitive (new $5,000 bond),
- 2 Sulphur Springs warrants for failure to appear charges (fees owed totaled $860.20),
- 1 Sulphur Springs warrant for failure to maintain financial responsibility ($500.50 fee owed on the charge),
- 1 Harris County warrant for assault causing bodily injury ($5,002 bond),
- 1 Lamar County warrant for theft of property valued at $2,500 or more but less than $30,000 ($5,000 bond),
- insufficient bond on a Young County theft of property valued at $750 or more but less than $20,000 charge ($7,500 bond set).
The Hopkins County Sheriff’s Office is located at 298 Rosemont St., Sulphur Springs, TX 75482.
Non-emergency calls can be made to (903) 438-4040.