Volunteers prepare meals at the Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center and deliver them five days a week to Meal A Day program recipients in Sulphur Springs and Hopkins County. The Meal A Day Menu for the week of June 6-10, 2022 includes:
- Monday – Cheeseburger Casserole, Corn and Pinto Beans.
- Tuesday – Sweet and Sour Chicken On a Bed of Rice, Asian Vegetables and an Egg Roll.
- Wednesday – Ham and Potato Casserole, Candied Carrots and Broccoli.
- Thursday – Beef Lasagna, Italian Vegetables and Garlic Toast.
- Friday – Salad Plate: Chicken Salad, Pasta Salad, 3 Bean Salad, Potato Salad, Fruit Salad and Crackers.
The Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center is a place where Senior Citizens age 50 and over can have a good time with old friends and make some new ones. Meal-A-Day is just one service the center provides. The coffee pot is always on and a smile is on each face. The SCC has a full library with all different kinds of reading books that can be taken, read and returned. Take as many as you like and bring some of your books in to share with others. Click here to find more information for seniors citizens.